February 12, 2013
Within commercial, Medicare ACO, or accountable care like organizations, the necessary technology and structure must be in place in order to operationalize the new ACO care delivery model. To successfully deliver on the ACO model depends upon the integration of an EMR/EHR with a clinical information system pushing and pulling data into a clinical data repository. These systems must communicate to provide collaborative care either to the Medicare population or a commercial population participating in an ACO.
February 6, 2013
In the latest issue of hfm magazine, a publication of the Healthcare Financial Management Association (HFMA), WPC’s Hays Green discusses how hospitals can gain a competitive edge by responding strategically to the rapid proliferation of mobile devices in healthcare, with security being an intrinsic part of their strategy.
December 14, 2012
The Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) of the Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) requires healthcare entities in the United States to migrate from ICD-9 to ICD-10 by October 1, 2014. This has been referred to as the biggest change in healthcare since the inception of Medicare.
October 14, 2012
WPC is proud to be part of the ongoing international effort to enhance, distribute, and implement data standards in business and government. As we have seen in our 35 years of work in electronic data interchange for multiple industries including healthcare, data standards do increase efficiency, improve quality, and reduce waste.
- EHR Best Practices: Addressing Clinical Documentation
- Practical Steps to Solid Infrastructure for ACO Goals
- Meaningful Use of EMRs Moves Forward with Stage 2
- WPC Honored as a Microsoft Public Sector Partner of the Year
- Top-of-Mind Pitfalls to Avoid When Launching HIEs
- Balancing Innovation, Business Needs, and Security
- Measuring ACO Care Quality Starts With Existing Data, Resources and Tools
- Data exchange remains healthcare’s untapped resource
- The Cost of Non-Compliance
- What impact does Version 5010 have on ICD-10?